[aroma.affymetrix] Can aroma.affymertix handle the data of agilent chip?

[aroma.affymetrix] Can aroma.affymertix handle the data of agilent chip?

Yue Hu
Hi,

  Just shift from affymetrix to agilent recently and since I prefer
the plot generated by aroma.affymetrix I am just wondering if
aroma.affymetrix is able to handle agilent chip data in some way.

  best,

  Yue

--
When reporting problems on aroma.affymetrix, make sure 1) to run the latest version of the package, 2) to report the output of sessionInfo() and traceback(), and 3) to post a complete code example.

Re: [aroma.affymetrix] Can aroma.affymertix handle the data of agilent chip?

Henrik Bengtsson-4
Hi.

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 5:24 PM, Yue Hu <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  Just shift from affymetrix to agilent recently and since I prefer
> the plot generated by aroma.affymetrix I am just wondering if
> aroma.affymetrix is able to handle agilent chip data in some way.

When you say "plot generated by aroma.affymetrix", are you thinking of
the copy-number image files generated by the ChromosomeExplorer?  If
so, yes, there is *some* support for using data other platforms, but
it is less documented.  The main hurdle is that there are no automated
ways to import data (other than Affymetrix), but on the other hand in
most cases it is not really harder than using read.table().

See section 'Generalization to other technologies than Affymetrix' on
the 'Future directions' page
[http://aroma-project.org/features/future/] for more information.

/Henrik